This person will lead our sales representatives, service representatives and customer service team in all facets of customer growth and retention. Set local and national sales goals for each sales team member. Increase sales volume for all new customers. Advise and report to executive committee if progress and goals are being met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire, train, set goals and provide leadership, direction and motivation for sales representatives, customer service and order entry teams.
- Assess strengths and weaknesses of sales, service, customer service and order entry team to manage the sales program accordingly. Conduct annual performance reviews for each team member.
- Track open sales projects or potential business that representatives are working and set a timeline to close out the project or new business development.
- Review sales visits/calls to ensure effectiveness.
- Work with EVP of Sales and Marketing to create marketing POS material
- Forecast sales by customer. Create a monthly detailed sales analysis review of both existing and potential customers.
- Be a visible presence with current key accounts by continual interface with those key customers. Ensure company is meeting their evolving needs and assess the quality of our relationship with each customer.
- Develop new products that may make sense for our customers. Work with EVP of sales to define where these new products may work and if they can be manufactured efficiently.
- Identify Emerging markets, be aware of new products and competition status.
- Travel to customers outside of home base region as well as travel to other company factory locations to work with representatives and see customers in that specific area. Travel 25%+.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing or related field preferred.
- 5+ years upholstered furniture/fabric/foam or other suitably related experience required.
- 3+ years experience managing a sales/customer service or other type of front facing team
- Strong ability to influence buying decisions and negotiate effectively, to bring about win-win solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed for meetings, trade shows, and customer/sales manager interaction (20-25%).
- Strong computer skills, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- SAP/ Oracle experience preferred
- Strong customer relationship building skills and the ability to guide customers on best strategies for growth
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Innovative and self-motivated
Physical Demands : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Light to moderate travel
Associated topics: administrative, director of sales, leader, management, manager, principal, sales director, sales leader, supervisor, team leader