GDIT is hiring a a Clinical Research Nurse to support the Defense & Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) located at Womack Army Medical Center in Ft. Bragg, NC. As the traumatic brain injury (TBI) Pathway of Care manager within the Military Health System (MHS), the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) promotes state-of-the-science care from point-of-injury to reintegration for service members, veterans, and their families to prevent and mitigate consequences of mild to severe TBI. Fort Bragg s Defense Veterans Brain Injury Center site supports the national DVBIC mission by providing education, clinical care and research services for TBI to our region s active, Reserve, Guard and community populations.
Learn More About DVBIC HERE
The Clinical Research Nurse will perform clinical research and ensures compliance of specified clinical research protocols for the DVBIC. S/he will participate in all aspects of a research study with interactions with patients and their families.
- Performs clinical
- Ensures compliance of specified clinical research
- Educates the patients and their families on the research protocol and any other vital information about participation in the research
- Interviews patients for potential participation in clinical research study; validate eligibility and patient commitment; obtain medical records from appropriate sources to support screening and research
- Schedules patients for appointments and
- Collects data appropriate to the research
- Maintains understanding of all protocols, case report forms and study
- Reviews compliance with regulatory
- Assists in writing/editing, organization and management of
- May support protocols at Institutional Review Boards (IRBs) at medical
- Assist in implementation of the study once approvals have been
- Identifies issues with research design or analysis methodology once protocol implementation has started and monitors for trends in patient response to
- Assures data entry is performed and data is maintained at a high level of accuracy within the
- Assist in the development of reports and presents clinical results at local and national
- May assist in the preparation of research articles for publication in scientific
- Promotes and maintains communication within the department, and with other disciplines encouraging a collegial
- Assists staff in audit preparation. Program audits will be at the discretion of the Program Director and do not require advance
- Adheres to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy, exhibiting a high degree of personal professional
- BA/BS in nursing required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ of relevant expereince.
- 1+ years working as a nurse with clinical research research and protocol expereince.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse, LVN, or LPN. The Research Nurse must have and maintain a current license to practice. For personal service employees, the Contractor employee must have and maintain a current license to practice in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands, or any US territory that allows for the independent practice of clinical services. This license must be current and unrestricted (not subject to restriction pertaining to the scope, location, or type of practice ordinarily granted to other applicants for similar licenses in granting jurisdiction).
- Must maintain Continuing Education credit sufficient to maintain both their clinical license and to meet MTF specific Quality Assurance standards for credentialing.
- Knowledge of standard qualitative and quantitative data collection techniques required.
- Ability to follow general and detailed instructions required.
- Must be able to function as a team member, leader and subordinate depending on the study. Familiarity with social science research methodology is required.
- S/he must adhere to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
- Excellent communication writing and analytical skills, basic clinical acumen, knowledge of universal precautions, organizational skills and proficiency in research conduct areRequired. Knowledge of procedures and techniques necessary for performing research tasks required.
- Ability to learn and become proficient in data acquisition and clinical responsibilities related to research protocols.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care strongly preferred.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associated topics: bsn, coronary, hospice, intensive care unit, nurse, psychatric, psychiatric, recovery, registed, transitional