Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional opportunity for a Experienced Remote Auto Technical Adjuster!
Combine your skills working with people and working with vehicles!
Customers need us the most when they are involved in an accident. As an Allstate Remote Inside Auto Technical Adjuster you will play a vital role to ensure we deliver on our promise of delivering fair and efficient claim service. This position supports management in ensuring consistency of estimating practices from repair facilities and compliance to best practices.
What you will do:
Your role involves creating initial estimates from photos received from customers, agencies, or body shops. It also includes negotiating and settling supplements via live interactions with body shops or evaluating and adjusting written supplements. You will be writing Auto Damage Estimates from photos sent in by the customer. You will be challenged to manage multiple cases simultaneously, and solve problems in a fast-paced working environment. You will be measured on your excellent customer service, process compliance, ability to provide accurate estimates and reach fair and efficient claims resolutions while managing costs. Your success will be rewarded with our Total Rewards package which includes base pay, benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Researches and responds to moderately complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issuesDamage Estimating
- Investigates moderately complex files, reviews damage, reviews photos, and determines repairability or total loss
- Prepares damage estimates for moderately complex claims and locates parts
- Prepares, reviews, reconciles and/or approves supplements
- Conditions vehicles and prepares report for customer
- Evaluates diminished value in a moderately complex claimClaim Payment Processes - Issuance and Authority
- Processes claims payments
- Initiates system generated checks and pays appropriate parties
- Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
- Negotiates and settles moderately complex claims in accordance with business unit best practicesFile Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision-making processOther Projects and Responsibilities
- May participate in one or more moderately complex special assignments
- May serve as a committee team lead for smaller projects or as a committee team member on medium projectsAdditional Criteria:
- Candidates current work location must be more than 50 miles from an Allstate Digital Operating Center (DOC) location to be eligible for this position.
- Current DOC employees must reside more than 50 miles from DOC to be eligible for this position!
- This position is not available to California residents
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years auto estimating experience required; total loss experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Previous experience using a computer estimating system such as ADP, CCC or Mitchell is a definite plus
- ICAR platinum certification, ASE certification and/or an Adjusters license are especially desirable
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Military candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Military experience is a plus
- Notice of Licensing Requirement
As a condition of your employment, you may be expected to comply with the state specific licensing process and requirements to perform work as a claims adjuster. Failure to complete these requirements within the time frame designated by the hiring department may result in the termination of your employment with Employer
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click \"here\" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click \"here\" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.